Introduction to Men's Health PT - Live Course
Gerard Greene: Bethesda, Washington, USA October 2022
Gerard Greene is thrilled to be delivering his Introduction to Men's Health PT course in person for MYOPAIN Seminars this October 2022. Full info and booking through the link, do not miss this exciting 3 day course and opportunity to work with Gerard in the USA
This 3-day introduction to Men’s Health Physical Therapy course will focus on the assessment and management of the Men's Health PT patient. The course will focus on the detailed history taking of the complex conditions men with pelvic dysfunction present with. Conditions that will be introduced and focused on will be male pelvic pain, male athletic pelvic pain, hard flaccid syndrome, post-prostatectomy urinary incontinence, and post-prostatectomy erectile dysfunction. This course will also focus on addressing the challenges of setting up or building a men's health PT service.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for male and female PTs who want to develop/update their interest in Men’s Health PT, including those with a women’s health, musculoskeletal/orthopedic or sports background. The course will equip you to start working with male pelvic patients and to develop a new role or service. Gerard has a strong track record of teaching mixed groups of physical therapists and also those who are new to either male pelvic health or pelvic health PT.
• Male pelvic floor anatomy, function and dysfunction
• Developing detailed history taking skills with these complex conditions
• Exploring the complex psychological, emotional, cognitive, social & behavioral aspects of the conditions these men present with
• Internal examination in men’s health physiotherapy
• Assessment & management of male pelvic pain
• Introducing the EZ Magic therapeutic device and its role in management of pelvic pain and building self-efficacy
• Role of musculoskeletal & exercise based physiotherapy in the male pelvic pain patient to include athletic pelvic pain; Bridging the musculoskeletal/orthopedic, sports & pelvic health gap
• Role of trans-abdominal ultrasound scanning and its use in the over or under active male pelvic floor
• Introduction to the management of pelvic floor dysfunction and urinary incontinence in a post-prostate cancer surgery patient
• Introduction to post-prostatectomy erectile dysfunction
• How do develop a Men’s Health Physiotherapy service & role: an expanding role for physiotherapists
PLEASE USE OUR ONLINE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER
We are booking appointments through October, 2023.
If you would like to schedule an appointment beyond October, 2023 or have any other appointment needs or any other questions please contact London Men's Health Physio using the form below or by phone, 07902 389456.